Joni is the Deputy Managing Director for HomeBase’s Federal Programs’ work, and has been with HomeBase since 2007. She’s a key member of HomeBase’s HUD technical assistance (TA) team, providing direct TA to local communities, Continuums of Care, providers, and grant recipients nationwide. Her topical expertise includes the following:
- Doing data-driven performance evaluation and planning
- Coordinating mainstream and homeless systems, including supporting data integration
- Evaluating and improving system access
- Strengthening financial and grant management
- Supporting community governance/oversight
- Building agency capacity
- Planning strategically
- Conducting zoning/planning analyses.
Joni is a southern California native who loves Mexican food, running after her two munchkins, sourcing the best chocolate chip cookies, and traveling. She has a B.S. (Business Administration) and B.A. (International Relations) from the University of Southern California, and a J.D. from Fordham University’s School of Law. She is a member of the State Bars of California and New York.